Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Da Vinci Code - ★★★☆☆

Not a bookworm but I'm proud of myself because 
I finally made it to The End of the 'The Da Vinci Code' by Dan Brown.
Google Image
This is a mystery/thriller/suspense novel involving secret societies, conspiracies, the Catholic Church, and the fictional "truth" about Jesus Christ.
Nah this is one of the most controversial book especially to the Christ's followers. 
But not to me. I'm Christian Catholic. So what? 
Will it shakes my faith just because it told stories that's contradicts the teaching of church and Bible? 
It won't because I strictly remind my myself that this is just a fiction and stories made by human being even though some claim that this stories written base on true fact. Of course this book contain some ideas and offensive claims implies that the Christian faith itself is utterly false :

➤Jesus is not God; he was only a man.
➤Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene.
➤She is to be worshiped as a goddess.
➤Jesus got her pregnant, and the two had a daughter.

 But you won't take fiction stories seriously, aren't you?
hahaha please don't, especially the Christian. And those who do not have confidence in their faith, and afraid that this book may shake their faith or belief...I warn you don't read this book. 
Go find yourself other thriller story. Don't kasi pening-pening kepala mau fikir.

So, I think I wanna rate this novel 3 out of five stars :
➤ I love thriller novel and because of that I expect more suspense and excitement when I read this book. And congratulation! This novel give me both of this feeling throughout the stories.
Eg the mystery-detective give excitement ; what/where is the Holy Grail???? What so special about it that finding the Holy Grail involve murdering and crime??
The symbols, what is the meaning??
Suspense on ; Who is the murderer??? Who is the Teacher for whom Silas is working?..............
And, I love how the plot expanding.
➤ I somehow didn't like the conspiracy ideas it implies because it touch the sensitivity of religion.
I may give it ★★★★☆ if not because of that issues. Nasib baik saya jenis hmmmm, whatever....
this is just a story...Go on reading. Haha it just a fiction novel kan.

Tapi saya memang suka juga baca novel/ tengok movies jenis begini.
 At least you know what some other people think or will do to crush your faith.
The Da Vinci Code nonetheless became a worldwide bestseller that sold 80 million copies (Source : Wikipedia).

Nah, this is just my so-so review and opinion about the novel.
Apa pun kamurang punya suka la mau baca ka tidak ni novel. Setiap orang mempunyai pendapat yang berbeza juga kan. Peace!


** Sekarang baca 'The Lost Symbol' by Dan Brown juga. ^_^
Memang Dan Brown punya novel siok-siok bah pula especially cara dia kasi kembang tu cerita.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You ♥ Me

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Our Little Angel

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Our Little Angel

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers