Monday, September 15, 2014

Fruit Season

 Nyumm Nyum Nyummm...Fruit season is here ^----^ haha my favourite season! Its been a month and I still exited with fruit hunting. Went to Tamu Pitas last saturday and waaahhh langsat, rambutan, durian is everywhere. So exited and I told the boyfriend I wanna buy Langsat. But then you know what he said "langsat lagi, belum puas-puas makan ka?"..haha since last month I never miss a week without Langsat. Yummy the langsat, one of my favourite fruit.
haha Langsat I bought last month, 1 kg and I ate all by myself..heee yesterday also ate langsat I bought from Sunday tamu at Kota Marudu. ahhh and rambutan oso. Peel it then put in the feezer for 15/20 minute, take it out and eat eat eat..yummy yummy ^^
 This one also taken last month when I go back to mom's Kampung. We have our own rambutan tree, bambangan, langsat and tarap. Langsat not ripen yet, at the end of this month maybe. ^^
Eating langsat again right now. hmmmm yummy, so sweet. This langsat will be a bit sour if not ripen enough.
hmmm this one is the boyfriend favourite ^_^. It called Belunu. But in our language it called Bundu. "shittt...delicious" that is what he said when he taste it for the first time. haha and I said "taie (shit) mana ada sedap, bongo"..♥ Another thing the boyfriend comment about this fuit is the Belunu tree. He said the tree is so diciplined (I dont really get what he means). For those who never try it, do give it a shot. Belunu is a tropical fruit of Borneo. White flesh, strong odour, but super yummy yummy. So, when you come to Sabah, make sure you try this fruit. On fruit season only okay..^__^
This one is called dark rambutan. hahaha no la. This one is Pulasan. I bet not everyone know this fruit because it's not as popular as rambutan and rarely seen. Even sometimes people confused it as rambutan. The name pulasan comes from the Malay word pulas (twist). The fruit is opened through the act of twisting the fruit with both hands, thus the name pulasan ^^. It is sweeter than the rambutan when fully ripened and it is usually eaten fresh.
Who didn't know this fruit? The king of fruits they said. Mybe it's true. From the smell to the taste, Durian is the king. Even to eat the fruit also not easy compare to the other fruits. You need to know how to open it. It's hard for me to explain cause my english is super crapy @.@. HERE i found a link for you on how to Eat Durian, precisely How To Open the durian la..hehe
She still got the talent. haha monkey talent, climbing the Limau Bali's a.k.a Pamelo fruit tree. I lost the talent few years ago. sigh...hahahaha
That one is called Wani in our language. Close relative of mango. The flesh is yellow white, strongly odorous with sour sweet taste. When you eat this fruit, dip the flesh in dark soy sauce with chili..hhmmm yummy!..I'm drooling even though I'm just typing. :P

That's all I can share with you guys. I wish I could pin more pictures here but alas I just LOST my camera. T_T sob..sob..All the pictures here captured using my phone except 2 last photo, I got it from my sister.

Last but not least, this 2 photos are taken during rice planting in my mom's farm. See the exited girl. Its been a while since I join the rice planting season in my village. The best part is, they take a date on fruit season.. @___@ super exited!..hmmm  ♫♪ senangnya dalam hati, perut kenyang buah ♬
Sooooooooooo come here (Sabah) before the fruit season end!! Alot of yummy yummy yummy fruit to try ^_^ 
hmmm I think the fruit season will end when september end..huhu Babai!

Fruit Fruit,
dadai julius

2 comments:

  1. Wow, is this near Mount Kinabalu? I am interested in buying some fruit seeds to grow. I'm from Melbourne, Australia, it gets quite cold here, but I really want to grow tropical fruits!
    I LOVE eating durians, and I know that there is a durian that grows near mount Kinabalu quite high up (<1000~2000m) called "Tapuloh" (Durio kinabaluensis). Up where it grows, the weather is cool, so it can take lower temperatures and I might be able to grow it. Do you know about this durian, and would you be willing to post me some seeds (i can pay)?
    Also I would love to try growing any other fruits like Belunu/Bundu or Pulasan if you have any seeds from trees that grow high up in the mountains.
    Thanks, Marcus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Sory for the late reply. I know this Tapuloh durian, and acctually its not necessarily grown on high up land. Not so sure about the weather condition for it to strive well but, no harm in trying. My parent grow durian but not this Tapuloh durian.It's Durian season now at Malaysia, however I rarely seen this type of durian. Sory to tell that fruit season was a bit dissapointing last year. I never seen Belunu fruit since 2014, same as the Pulasan (now got but not ripe yet). Probably because of the weather changes. By the way, can we mail any seeds to Australia? Because I heard that there are some regulation for plants or products to be imported or mailed to your country.
      Best wishes :)

      Delete

You ♥ Me

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Our Little Angel

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Our Little Angel

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers